- Program and Scholarship
- Faculty and Staff
Dr. Chen-Yu Kao
BS. Ch.E., Chung-Yuang Christian University, 1993
MS. Ch.E., National Chung Cheng University, 2000
MS. BME., Georgia Institute of Technology, 2007
Ph.D. BME., Georgia Institute of Technology, 2009
1. Student Poster Highlights Award, the 34th Annual Meeting of the Controlled Released Society, Long beach, California USA, 2007
2. Case Prime Fellowship, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland OH, 2002
Developing new biomaterials for treating inflammatory diseases
Designing dual release drug delivery systems for nerve degeneration diseases
Developing smart drug release systems for brain tumor treatment
Surface coating for dental implant
Drug Delivery Systems, Regenerative Medicine, Molecular Principle of Biomaterials, General Chemistry
(1) Lee S, Yang SC, Kao CY, Pierce RH, Murthy N. Solid polymeric microparticles enhance the delivery of siRNA to macrophages in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009 Dec;37(22):e145
(2) Mukundan S Jr, Ghaghada KB, Badea CT, Kao CY, Hedlund LW, Provenzale JM, Johnson GA, Chen E, Bellamkonda RV, Annapragada A. (2006) A liposomal nanoscale contrast agent for preclinical CT in mice. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 186(2):300-7.
(3) Kao CY, Hoffman EA, Beck KC, Bellamkonda RV, Annapragada AV (2003). Long-residence-time nano-scale liposomal iohexol for X-ray-based blood pool imaging. Acad Radiol. 10(5):475-83
(4) Kao CY, Lo TC, Lee WC, (2003) Influence of polyvinylpyrrolidone on the hydrophobic properties of partially porous poly(styrene-divinylbenzene) particles for biological applications. J. Appl. Polym. Sci., Vol: 87, pp 1818 –24
(5) Huang FC, Ke CH, Kao CY and Lee WC (2001). Preparation and application of partially porous poly(styrene-divinylbenzene) particles for lipase immobilization, J. Appl. Polym. Sci Vol 80, pp 39-46.
(6) Hsiue GH, Lee SD , Chang PC , Kao CY (1998), Surface characterization and biological properties study of silicone rubber membrane grafted with phospholipid as biomaterial via plasma induced graft copolymerization, JBMR 42 (1):134 – 47
(7) Lee SD; Hsiue GH; Kao CY (1996) Preparation and characterization of a homobifunctional silicone rubber membrane grafted with acrylic acid via plasma-induced graft copolymerization, Journal of Polymer Science, Part A: Polymer Chemistry. 34(1): 141-148.
(8) Lee SD, Hsiue GH, Chang PC, Kao CY (1996)Plasma-induced grafted polymerization of acrylic acid and subsequent grafting of collagen onto polymer film as biomaterials.
(9) Lee SD, Hsiue GH, Kao CY, Chang PC (1996) Artificial cornea: surface modification of silicone rubber membrane by graft polymerization of pHEMA via glow discharge. Biomaterials, 17(6):587-95.
(1) Kao C. and Murthy N, A novel synthetic technique for polyketals by using 2,2-diethoxypropane, APCChE 2010, Taipei, Taiwan, 2010
(2) Kao C and Bellamkonda RV, Developing nanoparticles-hydrogel composite for treating brain tumor, 2009 Biomedical Engineering Society Annual meeting in Taipei, Taiwan, 2009
(3) Kao C et al, Rapid Hydrolyzing Polyketal Copolymers for Treating Acute Inflammatory Diseases, AIChE’s 2008 Annual Meeting in Philadelphia Pennsylvania, 2008
(4) Yang, SC.; Lee,S; Kao,C; Heffernan,M; Murthy,N. Delivery of SOD and siRNA with polyketal-microparticles to treat acute liver failure, 236th ACS National Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, United States, 2008
(5) Kao C and Bellakonda RV, Conformally Coated Nanoparticle-Doxorubicin Therapy for Brain Tumors The 34th Annual Meeting of the Controlled Released Society, Long beach, California USA, , 2007
(6) Kao C et al, New Long Residence Time CT Contrast Agent for Blood Pool Imaging. The 35th Annual Meeting of Biomedical Engineering Society, October 1-4, Nashville, TN, 2003
(1) Liposomes with hydrophilic polymers on their surface for enhancing contrast in imaging (PCT/US2005/000876)